Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This Time I Really Mean It

Being that it's Tuesday, I would normally already be in my post Monday euphoria, thinking, "only four more days until the weekend." But, as yesterday was a holiday, this is really the start of the week, so I'm actually in my Monday morning funk ... beating myself up for another wasted weekend ... and I'm still depressed that the Tigers dropped 3 out of 4 to Boston.  Well, none of that matters now ... what's important is that I have some tangible goals to work on this week. I stumbled onto Tony Eldridge's blog:

http://blog.marketingtipsforauthors.com/2011/05/7-weekly-book-marketing-goals-you-can.html

and found these seven great marketing tips ... all but two of them are imminently doable for me (the one about the SEO strategy ... I've got no clue ... and the other one, about getting testimonials for my book ... it ain't gonna happen). So, five are reachable and I aim to work on them ... right after lunch ... tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. Passed it on to my daughter who is in the book publishing mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dwglibb: You're welcome ... they are good ideas, but, unfortunately, you have to apply them. Good luck to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and it's nice to meet a fellow indie author! I'll have to check out that link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's now tomorrow! What step are you working on?

    I'll go check out your link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your comment on Straight From Hel about keeping royalties in a paperboy's changer, and knew I had to check out the blog. Helen knows all the cool people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura: As Jennifer said, Helen knows all the cool people!

    Helen: Baby stepping, doctor, baby stepping.

    Jennifer: She does, I'm guessing that's why YOU go there!

    ReplyDelete