Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Day Late and Dollar Short

I returned from my annual 4th of July trek to the north woods to read a post from  Kathryn Craft, artist, writer and contributor to the excellent editor's blog, Blood Red Pencil, titled: Busted! - Leif Enger caught starting with protagonist's birth, and what do my wondering eyes see but a quote from yours truly ... it was a comment from an earlier post on the site (you can read it in all its droll splendor in Kathryn's post).

How about that! I was honored and proud to have inspired Kathryn's informative post about point-of-view issues writers face ... but, can you believe it, I was out of town when this post appeared and not able to respond in timely way! I've gone for weeks ... nay, months ... okay, years ... without so much as a glimmer of evidence that my presence on the world wide web has ever been noticed ... and there, in pulsating electronic glory is my name ... in a post on another blog ... and I'm out of touch. Dang it, story of my life ...

6 comments:

  1. But at least you did see it!
    And your presence is known every time you leave a comment. Certainly on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, yep ... and don't think it wasn't a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You kill me with your dry humor. You are truly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, you've just been sunbathing too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen: Well, some might say I've been out in the sun too long ... without a hat.

    ReplyDelete