Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Walking in Tall Cotton

   I'm feeling rather flush these days ... I got my royalty payment from Kindle for June, July and August ... a tidy sum of $22.70! Hey, you may roll your eyes and scoff at that piddling amount, but I'm excited as a puppy with two tails. It's not often that I see money rolling into my bank account, so whenever I do it's time to celebrate. Now, I'm not quite ready to put a down payment on that villa in the south of France, but my wife was able to buy a pot roast for dinner on Sunday ... and it was delicious.
   The other positive aspect to this event is that it means someone, somewhere out there has a book of mine on their e-reader. Yeah, I know, that doesn't mean they are going to actually read it ... but they might ... and if they do, they might enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it ... and then, maybe, just maybe, they'll tell someone else ... oh, I'm positively giddy with the prospect. Okay, no chateau just yet ... but I wonder how much a BMW costs these days?

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that just wild to think about? Although I'm a little freaked by how many now have my book. Whoa....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: Yep, it is ... so, what kind of car are you driving these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, money's money anyway you look at it!

    As for the Beemer, it depends on what you want. I have a cute little 330i convertible, but if I ever get a great book deal, I'm looking to trade it in for a 6 Series convertible instead. My dream car! And it happens to be what my female protagonist drives!

    But I have it better than most BMW owners: my husband is a master BMW technician so it costs me little in upkeep. Now, say if you had a 7 Series and needed to replace the front headlamp assembly, well, that baby will cost you over $1500. For a freakin' headlight!! The lesson here? Don't buy a BMW unless you can afford to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the royalty check. Indeed, that's proof that you're establishing a readership/following. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! Congrats. I know what you mean about that giddy feeling that someone will be reading your book. For me, it's only been (free) copies to family, friends, beta readers, so it must be even more exciting when someone seeks it out and buys it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy: That's right ... money is money. As to the Beemer ... well, if I ever buy one, you can be sure I'll be able to afford to have it maintained.

    Andrea: Thanks ... and thanks to my family for helping establish a following!

    Ryann: Thanks ... and, it doesn't take that many family and friends to add up to $22.70.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen: No, it's not about the money ... but a pot roast every now and then wouldn't be all bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chris, now you're getting the idea. Stay positive and let life come to you. I hope you sell a million.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Pru ... I'm doing that ... just hope life doesn't run me over!

    ReplyDelete